11.12.2011 - The apologetic Gregf update...
- I've been meaning to clear up a few things for a while from the various places people post information for me, and this takes care of a certain forum lurker, thanks to Gregf for most of these updates :)
- In other news, I've changed the way that the site works a little. It always annoyed me that I had, for example, Naomi split over 3 or 4 different sections, so now it's all under Sega with just pointers from the other sections (e.g. Capcom/Namco etc.).
It still needs some slight tweaking but I'm happier with it this way already.
- Added better screenshots to Firefox on Atari Laserdisc Hardware, thanks to Gregf.
- Added screenshots for Fantastic Journey, Racin' Force and better screenshots to Run and Gun 2, Vs. Net Soccer and Soccer Superstars on Konami GX Hardware, thanks to Gregf.
- Added screenshots to Space Walk on 8080 Hardware, thanks to Gregf.
- Added screenshots to Lazarian on unique Hardware, thanks to Gregf.
- Midway Leader Lo-Boy and Basketball have been removed, they were both wrong names for other games, thanks to Gregf.
- Added screenshots to Sega Star Raker on Vic Dual Hardware, thanks to Gregf.
- Moved Space Ship to Licensed Hardware with screens and a PCB image, thanks to Gregf.
- Moved Sega Heli Shooter from Discrete Logic to mechanical Hardware, thanks to Gregf.
- Corrected Guilty Gear XX Slash year, thanks to Francisco Nogueira.
- Removed Titan Titles by Sega, it was a flyer name not a game, thanks to Joerg Burkart.
- Added better screenshots to Vertexer on Unknown Post 1990 Hardware.
- Moved Rumba Lumba to The Fairyland Story Hardware and added screenshots, thanks to Gregf.
- Added better screenshots to M.A.C.H. 3 on Licensed Hardware, thanks to Gregf.
- Moved Sub Hunter to 8080 Hardware and added screenshots, thanks to Gregf.
- Corrected Battle Fantasia year, thanks to Francisco Nogueira.
- Added BlazBlue Continuum Shift II and BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend to Taito Type X2 Hardware, thanks to Francisco Nogueira.
- Some minor changes to the CAVE hardware pages, more to come there later probably.
That's it for now, I'll probably do some more updates this week (maybe) as I'm archiving my CD collection again ;)
7.11.2011 - Cave In
- Anyway, on with an update regardless.
- Renamed Cave SH3 Hardware to Cave CV1000B Hardware.
- Added Mushihime-Sama Futari, Mushihime-Sama Futari Ver 1.5 and Medal Mahjong Moukari Bancho to Cave CV1000B Hardware.
- Added a Cave CV1000D Hardware Page.
- Moved Deathsmiles Mega Black Label, Do-Don-Pachi Dai-Fukkatsu, Do-Don-Pachi Dai-Fukkatsu Black label and Do-Don-Pachi Dai-Fukkatsu Ver 1.5 to Cave CV1000D Hardware Page.
- Added Akai Katana and Mushihime-Sama Ver 1.5 Matsuri Version to Cave CV1000D Hardware Page.
- There's more to do in these pages, but that'll do for now ;)
- In other news and talking about hardware, as we sometimes do, NEW PC!
For those of you interested (all... well, none of you probably!)
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K / Corsair A50 Cooler
Mobo: Asus P8P67 PRO Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard
RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
GPU: Asus GTX560TI DCII TOP
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 650W V2 High Performance Power Supply
Drives: OCZ Vertex 2E Bigfoot 120GB 3.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive (and 4 normal hard drives of varying sizes)
Optical: LiteOn iHBS112 12x BluRay-RW 16 x DVD±RW Drive
My first PC with no floppy drive at all, and I really can't recommend getting a solid state hard drive enough, it's just stunningly fast,
5.11.2011 - The few spoiling it for the many
- So I've had a good look at the site, and there's nothing really *that* wrong, it could probably do with the tender loving touch of an SQL guru, nudge nudge wink wink.
It is however being caused by a few people, what I can only think of as trying to mirror the site for some reason, they are;
- Lisbon, Portugal - 5144 pages - 15720 database requests
- Osaka, Japan - 1078 pages - 17590 database requests
- Liberia - Costa Rica - 963 pages - 13660 database requests
- Urayasu, Japan - DION (KDDI CORPORATION) - 876 pages - 14114 database requests
- London, England - 375 pages - 10193 database requests
- Chongqing, China - 537 pages - 9002 database requests
So, if you live in those places and you've tried to mirror the site or whatever it is you're doing, you've done more traffic and database access than 1,000 people and you caused it to be taken offline the other day, and might still cause it yet again,
Thanks for nothing,
- *edit* I've taken the monster list of games and the timeline offline for the moment, purely because they link out to so many things.
3.11.2011 - Site Stuff
- For those of you who have been around for a while, it might amuse/interest you to know that I finally have responsibility for my domain name!
I just renewed it for 10 years, should be no more random vanishing of the site every October, but admit it, you'll miss the 404!
- On the other hand, maybe not.
I'm suffering pretty badly at the moment with what I can only assume are site leechers/vampires/whatever, something's hammering the sites database pretty badly with between 40 and 60 requests a second, and my host took me offline yesterday because of it.
I've even had a few people tell me they want to "back up" the site in case I may disappear, but that won't happen, well, unless you cause it by trying to back it up... /glare
So, I need to either;
A: Fix the site so it doesn't do it (hopeful)
B: Find those responsible and wreak a terrible vengeance (doubtful)
C: Pay for my own dedicated server (very doubtful, mucho expensive)
D: Consider trimming back certain portions of the site...
I want to do A (with the help of Arttu when he gets my email as I still know nothing about sql) but I'm worried I'll end up being forced into D...
Anyway, apart from the boring back end work on the site, I should get some sort of update up in the near future, I've started a new job so it's all been up in the air for the past few months but now things are starting to settle down :)
22.5.2011 - Board, Not Bored...
- So, well, Hurrah!, adding PCB pictures works again :)
- I've still got more to do, but this has made a fair dent in the pile and I wanted to concentrate on the PCB pictures at the top of the hardware pages for this update. I've got some higher res ones I'll be adding later on to flesh out the sections a bit, but I wanted to get this done this evening before Dirt 3 comes out on Tuesday and I get lost in that for a few weeks ;)
- Thanks to Guru and Tomas Dahlgren for contributing most of the pictures and in fantastic quality, also thanks to Nate Kinder, Per Monsen, Sergio Macias Sanchez, Jerôme and Robert Ivy. If I've forgotten someone I'm sorry, let me know and I'll add your name to the list.
- Added Road Runner screenshots to Atari Laserdisc Hardware (after I seemed to not do it last update) thanks to Brian Deuel.
- Added PCB Picture to Discrete Logic Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to 6800 Based Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Vector Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to 68000 Based Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Denver Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to TX-1 on Atari Licensed Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to CPS2 Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to CPS3 Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Wii Hardware.
- (I still need to sort out the hardware sections here, it's a right mess)
- Added PCB Picture to DECO Cassette Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to M6502 Based 4th Configuration Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Z80 Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Dual M6809 Based Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Funky Jet Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to DECO 156 Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Simple 156 Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to MLC Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to M52 Hardware.
- Added Cartridge Pictures to Bubble System Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Contra Based Hardware.
- Added PCB Pictures to ZR107 Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Williams/Midway Y Unit Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Zeus Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Zeus II Hardware.
- Added PCB Pictures to Gorgon / System 22.5 Hardware.
- Added "Gun Board" PCB Pictures to NB-1 Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Cool Riders on Unique Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Dottori Kun on Unique Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Sharp Shooter Hardware.
- Added better PCB Picture to Mega Play Hardware.
- Nothing This Time...
- Added PCB Picture to The Pit Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Bonze Adventure Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to B System Hardware.
- Added PCB Pictures to 68000 Based Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Cyber Sterra on Unknown Post 90's Hardware.
- Added PCB Pictures to Type Zero Hardware (the page is slightly broken at the moment, it'll get fixed).
- Added PCB Pictures to Type X Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Type X Zero Hardware.
- Added PCB Pictures to Cave 3rd Generation Hardware.
- Added PCB Pictures to Cave 4th Generation Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Gaelco 3D Hardware Hardware.
- Added PCB Picture to Seta Aleck 64 Hardware.
- Added PCB Pictures to Eolith Gradation 2D System Hardware.
- My Geforce 8800 stopped working a while ago and I replaced it, but then I read something interesting on the web about repairing them so I thought "it's worth a shot".
So, 2 hours later, after stripping it down, cleaning it, removing every removable part from the pcb and the thermal compounds I stuck it on 4 rolled up foil balls and chucked it in the oven for 8 minutes (not too long as otherwise it'd melt the board) at 200-ish degrees, put it back together, redid the thermal paste and chucked it in a spare PC and it works like a charm!
Basically it reflows the solder, the 8800's suffered terribly with very heavy heatsinks which literally pulled the components away from the board and fractured the solder joints, it's probably not a "forever" permenant fix, but it's left me with a functioning spare for any emergencys :)
O, I take no responsibility if you try it and your house burns down btw.
- In other news I, like so many other people who know how to use PC's, got collared by a family member to fix their computer when it was not responding well...
Yes, that's 212 virus's.
2.4.2011 - *Giggle*
- Removed pictures of Max the cat from Catbox on Test Equipment Hardware, he's the same Max from when I started doing the site, and yes, he's doing fine, even though he's a very old man now...
- Added a FAKE, WRONG, MADE UP HARDWARE page and moved Don Bear Near, Kelloggs Vs. Capcom and Rhinoceros Bar Command to it.
I spent far too long in photoshop to just delete them,
1.4.2011 - Short but sweet...
- Arttu fixed the PCB issue today, so I can add PCB pictures again for the next update, hurrah!
- On with the update...
- Added screenshots to Road Runner on Atari Laserdisk Hardware, thanks to Brian Deuel.
- Added some pictures to Catbox on Atari Test Equipment.
- Added Kelloggs Vs. Capcom to Nintendo Wii Based Hardware.
- Added better screenshots to Racing Jam and Racing Jam Chapter II to Konami NWK-TR Hardware, thanks to Tomas Dahlgren.
- Added Don Bear Near to Namco System 11 Hardware.
- Added better screenshots to Time Crisis II on Namco System 23 Hardware, thanks to Fausto Cara.
- Added Rhinocerous Bar Command to Namco System 21 Hardware.
- Replaced the title shot of Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned on Naomi 2 Hardware, thanks to Fausto Cara.
- Added a cabinet shot and better screenshots to Power Shovel Simulator on Taito Type-Zero Hardware, thanks to Tomas Dahlgren.
- Added screenshots to Dragon World 3, thanks to Tjeerd Carter.
Right, I'm off down the pub, 1 pint of lager, a fruit based drink for the lady and some dry roasted nuts,
20.3.2011 - Where's my boulder?
- I feel like Sisyphus, steadily trying to make a dent in my backlog...
- If you're wondering why there's no PCB picture updates, I've got some teething problems with that part of the site at the moment, it should be sorted out soon hopefully.
- I'm also going to do something about hardware split by manufacturer (at the moment there's a Naomi section in nearly every museum), not quite sure how, I have some ideas but I'm fed up with juggling them as I have to do at the moment, it's just...messy.
- I also made a Facebook page, there's a little "like" button down there on the left under the menu. I'm not sure why I've done this yet, but it seems to be the "in" thing to do, and I'm down with the kids, booyakka etc.
- I was going to write a rant about Wikipedia stealing all my content, contaminating the internet with made up information and pushing me down the search rankings, but they're not worth my time or effort, I'll just say "bah" and move on.
- On with the update...
- Moved Sebring and Cabinet photo from Unknown 70's hardware to 6502 Black and White Hardware, thanks to Brian Deuel.
- Added cabinet and screenshots for Consolette on Discrete Hardware, thanks to Olivier Scamandro.
- Added 137419-102 to the Custom Chip list (a POKEY), thanks to Brien King.
- Added Gundam Vs. Gundam and Gundam Vs. Gundam Next to Namco System 256 Hardware, thanks to Brian Faber.
- Added Super Street Fighter IV to Taito Type X2 Hardware, thanks to Richard Marareno
- Moved Sengoku Basara X from System 256 to Namco System 246 hardware, thanks to Brian Faber.
- Added screenshots to Mobile Suit Gundam SEED : Federation Vs. Z.A.F.T. II on Namco System 246 Hardware.
- Fixed the Data East museum site graphics
- Numerous small fixes
- Moved Panther from Unknown to Irem M27 Hardware and added screenshots to it and WW III.
- Added some information about the different PCB layers used on Irem M62 Hardware, thanks to Geoff Gunn.
- Added non-corrupted title screen to Tropical Angel on Irem M52 Hardware, and apparently the water IS supposed to be purple, who knew...
- Added Konami PC Based 3D Hardware page and added Metal Gear Solid Arcade 3D to it.
- Added Dance Dance Revolution X2 to Konami Bemani PC Type 4, thanks to Brad.
- Added Guitar Freaks XG, Guitar Freaks XG 2, Drum Mania XG and Drum Mania XG 2 to Bemani PC Type 4 Hardware.
- Added Lethal Enforcers 3 cabinet picture to Konami PC Based Hardware.
- Moved Para Para Paradise 2nd Mix to Bemani Viper Hardware, thanks to Mark.
- Moved Drummania from 573 Analogue to Bemani System 573 Digital, thanks to Naoki.
- Added final cabinet shot of GTI Club Supermini Festa! to main page of Konami PC Based Hardware, still can't find any screenshots tho' (that aren't the Wii version).
- Added NFL Blitz 2000 Gold Edition to Seattle Hardware, thanks to Josh Blazer.
- Added Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. (thanks to Richard Marareno), Deadstorm Pirates (thanks to Adam at Arcade Heroes) and Dragon Ball ZENKAI Battle Royale (thanks to Brian Faber) to Namco System 357 Hardware, and I added cabinet and screenshots to them all.
- Added Donkey Kong: Banana Kingdom to Triforce Hardware, thanks to Richard Marareno.
- Moved Soul Calibur III from 256 Hardware to System 246 Hardware, thanks to Brian Faber.
- Added Technic Beat, Taiko no Tatsujin 9 & 10 and moved Taiko no Tatsujin 11, 12, 12 More, 13, 14 to System 256 Hardware, thanks to Brian Faber, and I added cabinet pictures to them all.
- Added Dead Heat and new screen shots and cabinet shots to Nirin and Tank! Tank! Tank! on ES1 Hardware.
- Added screenshots to Winning Run Suzuka GP, better screenshots to Winning Run and cabinet shots to the main page for Solvalou, Starblade and Winning Run on Namco System 21 Hardware.
- Added cabinet shot to the main page for Speed Racer on Namco System FL Hardware.
Added cabinet shot to Aerosmith : Quest For Fame on Namco System 12 Hardware.
- Added cabinet shot to the main page for Time Crisis 4 on Namco Super System 256 Hardware.
- Added Cabinet shot to Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 on Namco Triforce Hardware.
- Added Pac Man Battle Royale to Namco Unknown Hardware.
- Added some preliminary screenshots to Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on Namco System 359 Hardware.
- Added a Sega Unknown Post 2000 Hardware page, and added Bakugan Battle Brawlers, Bingo Galaxy, Brick People / Block Pipo, Insect Dash and Saikyu Saisoku Battle Racer to it, complete with screenshots and cabinet photos.
- Added Power Drift Link to Sega Y Board Hardware. complete with screenshots.
- Added Dump Matsumoto on System16A Hardware, thanks to Mathieu Peyroulet Ghilini.
- Added Radirgy Noa to Naomi Hardware.
- Added Lets Go Island, Giant Tetris, Sega Racing Classic, Sangokushi Taisen HA, Sega Golden Gun, Sega & Sonic All-Stars Racing Arcade (thanks to Adam from Arcade Heroes), Tetris The Grand Master 4: The Masters of Round (tanks to Mufunyo), Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code and Pengo to Ringedge Hardware, including screenshots and cabinet pictures.
- Added GRID to Europa-R Hardware, thanks to Adam from Arcade Heroes, also added screenshots and cabinet pictures to GRID and Sega Rally 3.
- Added better screenshots to Initial D Arcade Stage 5 and better cabinet pictures to Primeval Hunt and R-Tuned on Lindbergh Hardware.
- Added Hummer Extreme Edition to Lindbergh Hardware.
- Added new title shots to Club Kart European Session, King of Route 66, Soul Surfer and Wild Riders on Sega Naomi 2 Hardware.
- Nothing this time.
- Added Dariusburst and Elevator Action Death Parade to Taito Type X2 Hardware.
- Added Bygone to Taito Z80 Based Hardware.
- Added a Taito Type X Zero Hardware page and added Battle Wheel Spin Gear to it.
- Moved Zoids Infinity EX and EX Plus to Taito Namco System 246 Hardware, thanks to Brian Faber.Added prototype screenshots to Chase HQ 2 on Taito Type X2 Hardware.
- Added better screenshots to Dangerous Curves on Taito JC System Hardware.
- Added better screenshots to Frog & Spiders, Ultra Quiz, Warp 1 and Wyvern F-0 on Unknown Pre 1990 Hardware.
- Added better screenshots to Midnight Landing.
- Added Sega Bass Fishing Challenge and Sega Clay Challenge to Atomiswave Hardware, thanks to Adam at Arcade Heroes.
- Added better screenshots to Do Donpachi Dai-Ou-Jou, Do Donpachi Dai-Ou-Jou Black Label, Espgaluda, Ketsui, Knights of Valor Super Heroes and Oriental Legend Super on PGM Hardware.
- Stunningly enough I've actually managed to tear myself away from Dragon Age 2 and update the site.
- If anyone knows if or how I can get hold of THESE then please let me know, I'd obviously pay both for them and to get them imported...
2.3.2011 - Go East!
- So, I decided to add Data East to System 16, it's a bit of a mess at the moment and the site graphics are incomplete (logo etc) but in time it'll get sorted out, I just wanted it up and out the way.
- Apart from that it's quite a big update this time, thanks to quite a few submissions from Fausto Cara, thanks ;)
- I've changed everything around so much I'd be amazed if I havnt broken something, and if you have submitted something and don't see it in this update, well, my to do list is longer than paris hiltons shopping list.
- O, I'm also experimenting with a System16 Facebook page, I don't know why yet but I was told it was the thing to do, click the like button and I'll let you know if I figure it out what it's all about...
- Getting right back into this now and enjoying it, so, on with the update!
- Added better screenshots for Area 51: Site 4 on Atari Media-GX Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for San Francisco Rush 2049 Atari Denver Hardware.
- Updated screenshots for Mazer Blazer and TX-1 Atari Licensed Games.
- Added better screenshots for Warzard / Red Earth, Street Fighter III: New Generation and Street Fighter III 2nd Impact: Giant Attack on CPS3 Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Steep Slope Sliders STV Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Capcom Vs. SNK : Millennium Fight 2000, Giga Wing 2, Heavy Metal : Geomatrix, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes, Power Stone, Power Stone 2, Project Justice / Moero! Justice Gakuen and Spawn on Naomi Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Capcom Vs. SNK 2 : Millionaire Fighting 2001, Capcom Vs. SNK : Millennium Fight 2000 Pro, Mobile Suit Gundam : Federation Vs. Jion, Mobile Suit Gundam : Federation Vs. Jion DX and Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper on Naomi GD-ROM Hardware.
- Added Mortal Kombat 4 Rev 2 and Mortal Kombat 4 Rev 3 to Zeus Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Hydro Thunder on Quicksilver II Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Bubble Trouble on System 2 Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Final Lap, Final Lap 2, Final Lap 3 and Four Trax on System 2 Derivative Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Winning Run '91, Cyber Sled, Solvalou and Starblade on System 21 Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for World Kicks on Naomi Hardware.
- Added screenshots for Witch on Unique Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for All Japan Pro Wrestling Featuring Virtua, Astra Superstars, Baku Baku Animal, Columns '97, Cotton 2, Critter Crusher / Tatakot, Danchi de Hanafuda: Okusan Komeya Desu yo!, Die Hard Arcade / Dynamite Deka, Ejihon Detective Agency / Ejihon Tantei Jimusyo, Funky Head Boxers, Golden Axe: The Duel, Guardian Force, Hanagumi Taisen Columns: Sakura Wars, Karaoke Quiz Intro Don Don!, Let's Play Othello / Othello Shiyouyo, Name Club, Pebble Beach Golflinks: The Great Shot, Princess Kurara Daisakusen, Pro Mahjong Kiwame S, Puyo Puyo Sun, Radiant Silvergun, Sando-R: Puzzle & Action / Treasure Hunt / BoMulEul Chajara, Sea Bass Fishing, Shanghai : The Great Wall / Shanghai : Triple Threat, Soukyugurentai / Terra Diver, Suiko Enbu / Outlaws of The Lost Dynasty, Super Major League / Final Arch, Taisen Tanto-R 'Sasissu!' / DaeJeon! SanJeonSuJeon, Virtua Fighter Kids, Virtua Fighter Remix, Virtual Mahjong and Winter Heat on STV Hardware.
- Added Air Walkers to Model 2 Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Daytona USA, Daytona USA: To The Maxx, Daytona USA: Turbo, Daytona USA: GTX 2004 Edition, Desert Tank and Virtua Cop on Model 2 Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Dead or Alive, ManX TT Superbike, Sega Rally Championship, Sega Rally Pro Drivin', Sky Target, Virtua Cop 2, Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Fighter 2 ver. 2.1 and Zero Gunner on Model 2A CRX Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Dead or Alive, Dynamite Baseball '97, Fighting Vipers, Gunblade N.Y., Indy 500, Last Bronx / Tokyo Bangaichi, Sonic Championship / Sonic The Fighters, Super GT 24h, Virtua Striker, Virtual On : Cyber Troopers and Zero Gunner on Model 2B CRX Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Get Bass / Sega Bass Fishing and Virtua Fighter 3 Team Battle on Model 3 Step 1.0 Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Scud Race/Sega Super GT on Model 3 Step 1.5 Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Fighting Vipers 2 and Sega Rally 2 Model 3 Step 2.0 Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Daytona USA 2: Power Edition and Emergency Call Ambulance Model 3 Step 2.1 Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for F-Zero AX on Triforce Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for OutRun 2 and The House of The Dead III on Chihiro Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for 18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker, Charge'N'Blast, Cosmic Smash, Crazy Taxi, Dead Or Alive 2, Dead Or Alive 2 Millennium, Death Crimson OX, Dengen Tenshi Taisen Janshi Shangri-la, Derby Owners Club 2000, Dynamite Baseball, Dynamite Baseball '99, F1 World Grand Prix, F355 Challenge Twin, Giant Gram 2, Giant Gram 2000, Guilty Gear X, InuNoOsanpo, Jambo! Safari, Outtrigger, Puyo Puyo Da!, Quiz Ah Megamisama, Ring Out 4x4, Samba De Amigo, Samba De Amigo Ver. 2000, Sega Marine Fishing, Sega Strike Fighter, Sega Tetris, Slashout, The House of The Dead 2, The Typing of The Dead, Toy Fighter / Waffupu, Virtua NBA, Virtual On Oratorio Tangram, Virtua Tennis / Power Smash, Virtua Tennis 2 / Power Smash 2, Wave Runner GP, World Series '99 / Super Major League '99, WWF Royal Rumble, Zero Gunner 2 and Zombie Revenge on Naomi Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Alienfront Online, Border Down, Chaos Field, Confidential Mission, Get Bass 2 / Sega Bass Fishing 2, Guilty Gear XX #Reload, Guilty Gear XX : The Midnight Carnival, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Guilty Gear XX Slash, Ikaruga, Lupin 3 : The Shooting, Monkey Ball, Puyo Puyo Fever, Senko no Ronde SP, Shakka to Tambourine 2001 Power Up!, Shootout Pool, Slashout, Spikers Battle, Sports Jam, Super Major League / World Series Baseball, The Maze of The Kings, Under Defeat, Virtua Athletics / Virtua Athlete, Virtua Golf / Dynamic Golf, Virtua Tennis / Power Smash and Virtua Tennis 2 / Power Smash 2 on Naomi GD-ROM Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Virtua Fighter 4, Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned and Virtua Striker 3 on Naomi 2 Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Beach Spikers, Initial D: Arcade Stage, Virtua Fighter 4, Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned and Virtua Striker 3 on Naomi 2 GD-ROM Hardware.
- Updated processors specs for Hyper Neo-Geo 64 Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition on Hyper Neo-Geo 64 Hardware.
- Added Lovely Pop Mahjong JangJang Shimasho 2 and Joryuu Syougi Kyoushitsu to SSV Hardware.
- Added Crazy Fight, Dragon Unit / Castle Of Dragon, International Toote, Orbs to Seta 1st Generation Hardware.
- Added alternate title and screenshots for Thundercade / Twin Formation / Tokusyu Butai U.A.G. to Seta 1st Generation Hardware.
- Added Deer Hunting USA, Trophy Hunting - Bear & Moose, Turkey Hunting USA and Wing Shooting Championship to Seta 2nd Generation Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Vivid Dolls, Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth, Magical Tetris Challenge ft. Mickey to Seta Aleck64 Generation Hardware.
- Added screenshots for Gals Panic S3 and Jan Jan Paradise to Kaneko Super Nova System Hardware.
- Added Koro Koro Quest and Thunder Heroes Cave 1ST Generation Hardware.
- Added better quality screenshots for Radikal Bikers, Speed Up! and Surf Planet on Gaelco 3D Hardware.
- Added Golden Par Golf and Poker Dice to Incredible Technologies 8-BIT Hardware.
- Added World Class Bowling Tournament on Incredible Technologies 32-BIT Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for F-15 Strike Eagle, B.O.T.S.S. / Battle Of The Solar System and Tank Battle / Super Tank Attack on MICROPROSE 3D Hardware.
- Moved Mahjong G-Taste from Psikyo 1st Generation hardware to Psikyo SH2 hardware.
- Added Taisen Hot Gimmick 3 Digital Surfing, Taisen Hot Gimmick 4 Ever and Taisen Hot Gimmick Integral on Psikyo SH-2 Hardware.
- Added Extreme Hunting 2 to Atomiswave Hardware.
- Added better screenshots for Demolish Fist, Dolphin Blue, Extreme Hunting, Guilty Gear Isuka, Hokuto No Ken / Fist Of The North Star, Horse Racing / Net Select Keiba Victory Furlong, Knights of Valour: The Seven Spirits, Ranger Mission, The Rumble Fish, The Rumble Fish 2, Salaried Worker Golden Taro, Samurai Showdown VI, Sports Shooting USA, The King of Fighters Neowave on Atomiswave Hardware.
- Portal 2 and Dragon Age 2 pre-ordered, what is it with sequels nowadays?
Toby...(Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce...just so very tasty...)
26.2.2011 - The end of the beginning, getting there...
- Well, I've worked my way through the, ahem, "easier stuff" and now got a bit into actually updating the site for real again, hope you enjoy the reinvigoration :)
- Corrected some spelling mistakes, some link changes made and mistakes corrected.
- I changed the green links to a orangy brown colour, green made no sense, I do want to give the site a makeover at some point, but I don't have the time or the skill really, feel free to yell abuse and tell me to change it back.
- Not that I will or anything.
- I got a great email from Mike Querio, the industrial designer for Atari's Bradley Trainer / Army Battlezone giving some background into how the controls were developed, thanks Mike :)
- Added a System IV Hardware page, moved The Last Starfighter to it and added Air Race to it, including screenshots for both, thanks to Phil Bennett.
- Added screenshots to Nightmare on Unknown Prototypes - 80's page.
- Added AGC Mobile operations simulator (AMOS) to Hard Drivin' Hardware.
- Added better Space Lords screenshots on GX2 Hardware.
- Moved Fate Unlimited Codes from Capcom TypeX2 Hardware to Capcom System 246 Hardware, thanks to Valdi Miguel, Rick
- Added Mobile Suit Gundam Z : AEUG Vs. Titans DX to Capcom System 256 Hardware.
- Added Capcom System 256 Hardware page and moved Sengoku Basara X to it, thanks to Nico75
- Added Gundam Vs Gundam and Gundam Vs Gundam Next to Capcom System 256 Hardware page.
- Moved Five a Side Soccer from unknown to Power PC Hardware, thanks to Ville Linde.
- Updated the hardware details for M2 Hardware.
- Added better/additional screenshots to Operation Thunder Hurricane, Solar Assault, GTI Club and Wave Shark on GTI Club Hardware, thanks to Fausto Cara.
- Added better screenshots to Hang Pilot and Silent Scope on Hornet Hardware, thanks to Fausto Cara.
- Added title screen to Racing Jam on NWK-TR Hardware, thanks to Fausto Cara.
- Added System 359 Hardware page and added Tekken Tag Tournament 2 to it.
- Added simple hardware details to ES1 Hardware, thanks to Adam from Arcade Heroes.
- Deleted Underground King from Namco System 23, it was a mistranslation of Angler King, "angler" in katakana is "angura", and "angura" is an abbreviation for "andaguraundo" which is "underground", thanks to Justin Kerk.
- FINALLY got some screenshots for Dynamite Baseball '99 on Naomi Hardware, thanks to Tomas Dahlgren.
- Moved Senryaku Game Bopeep from Unknown Hardware to System 2 Hardware.
- Renamed "Seclet War" to "Secret War" and "Space In Bingo" to "Space Invinco" on discrete logic, yes yes yes, I know, shut up, thanks Stiletto.
- Added BlazBlue: Continuum Shift to Type X2 Hardware and screenshots, thanks to Fausto Cara.
- Added screenshots to U.A.G. on Licensed Hardware, thanks to Brian Troha.
- Added screenshots to The First Funky Fighter on Licensed Games.
- Added better screenshots to Azumanga Daioh Puzzle Bobble, Trizeal, on Naomi GD-Rom Hardware, thanks to Fausto Cara.
- Added more screenshots to Change Lanes on Z80 Hardware, thanks to Fausto Cara.
- Added screenshots to Densha De Go! 2 and Densha De Go! 2 EX, title shot to Dangerous Curves and better screenshots of Landing Gear, Densha De Go!, Densha De Go! EX, Side by Side and Side by Side 2 on JC System Type-C Hardware, thanks to Fausto Cara.
- Added better screenshots to Fighters Impact, G Darius and G Darius 2 on FX-1B System Hardware, thanks to Fausto Cara.
- Added better screenshots to Magical Date and Super Football Champ on FX-1A System Hardware, thanks to Fausto Cara.
- Added better screenshots to Psychic Force 2012 on Wolf System Hardware, thanks to Fausto Cara.
- Added better screenshots to Raiden III. Gigawing Generations on Type-X Hardware, thanks to Fausto Cara.
- Added screenshots to Hidden Catch 3 on Eolith Gradation 2D System.
- Added screenshots to Do Donpachi Dai-ou-jou Black Label on PGM Hardware, thanks to Tormod.
- Renamed Neogeo Hyper64 to Hyper Neogeo 64 and added a logo screenshot.
- Added Cave 4th Generation Hardware page and added Deathsmiles II to it.
- Added title screenshots to Do Donpachi Daifukkatsu Ver 1.5, Ibara, Ibara Kuro : Black Label, Muchi Muchi Pork!, Mushihime Sama Futari Black Label, Pink Sweets : Ibara Sorekara, and Puzzle! Mushihime-Tama on Cave 3rd Generation Hardware.
- Added screenshots to ATV Track on Gaelco 3D Hardware.
- One of the things I've been doing when I'm not playing wow is playing Outrun 2, Afterburner Climax and Pacman DX on the Playstation, they're all superb games and I can't recommend them enough for a quick blast (pacman especially is a total rush!) :)
24.2.2011 - As promised, here we go;
- Changed Quartet 1&2 to 1986 thanks to Scott Caldwell.
- Added Konami RF2: Red Fighter to Bubble system, thanks to James from GameStone/Gradius Home World.
- Moved Druaga Online : The Story of Aon from Chihiro hardware to System 256 Hardware, thanks to Guru and Naoki Saito.
- Added hardware details to Type-Zero Hardware, thanks to Phil Bennett.
- Added hardware details to PPC JC System Type-C Hardware, and deleted the 4th picture from Operation Tiger, which was from another game, thanks to Phil Bennett.
- Deleted Exeus from unknown (it's ExZeus), thanks to usajap1.
- Moved Dangerous Curves from Unknown Hardware to JC System Type C Hardware, thanks to Phil Bennett.
- Moved Real Puncher from Unknown Hardware to B System Hardware, thanks to Phil Bennett.
- Moved 2 Minute Drill from Unknown Hardware to Unique Hardware, thanks to Phil Bennett.
- Moved Midnight Landing from Air System to Unique Hardware, thanks to Phil Bennett.
- Added Brezzasoft Crystal System to Other Hardware.
- Added Eolith Gradation 2D System to Other Hardware.
- (these 2 were done but not activated, no idea why...)
- That's it for now,
24.2.2011 - Piles of Piles...
- 166 Emails in my To-Do email pile, and 1.58 GB in 14,018 Files and 973 Folders in my System16 To-Do folder...
23.2.2011 - Not wanting to talk myself into a corner or anything...
- I've given up playing Warcraft (at last), and intend to put some time back into the site.
- Watch this space